Caprese is an appetizer, not a side dish.
Best Caprese Salad Recipe
Caprese salad originates from Italy, therefore it’s an Italian dish. Usually, it’s made up of fresh sliced mozzarella, sliced tomatoes with some sweet basil leaves with a pinch of salt, and olive oil. it’s usually served with arugula
But in this recipe, we are going to talk about how to prepare best caprese salad recipe with pesto sauce.
Pesto Sauce or should I say Pesto Alla Genovese was first made in Genoa which is the capital city of Liguria, Italy must visit to taste the by you self you’ll love it.
So back to Pesto sauce, it is made up of smashed or crushed garlic, European pine nuts, basil leaves, coarse salt, and hard cheese for example Parmigiano-Reggiano or for simple people Pecorino Sardo everything blend in with olive oil.
It takes 15 minutes for preparation and approximately 20-25 minutes for cooking.
It’s a very easy dish to make, literally, anyone can make it at home.
- For Salad, you’ll need 2 tomatoes, a handful of basil leaves, and a packet of buffalo mozzarella.
- For Sauce, you’ll need a handful of basil leaves, 1 cup of pine nuts, 1 cup of grated parmesan cheese, 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil, Juice of a half lemon.
Now if you’ve arranged every ingredient and you have them in front of your table get ready for the preparation process.
Note: This is not vegan. For the vegan recipe of this dish email me or comment on this blog.
- First cut 2 of the juicy tomatoes into think rounds after that dress them with a little bit of extra virgin olive oil and some salt and pepper.
- Break that mozzarella into chunks
- On a serving platter, arrange the tomato slices along with the mozzarella chunks.
- Garnish the dish with tulsi and pesto sauce.
- Blend the basil leaves along with pine nuts, parmesan cheese with extra virgin olive oil till it forms a paste.
- Squeeze the lemon juice
- In case the paste is too thick you can add some extra virgin olive oil to reach the desired consistency.