Mojitos are a traditional Cuban cocktail. They are one of the most popular summer drinks all around the world. They mostly have five ingredients in their making. These are lime juice, soda water, white rum, sugar, and mint.
On the other hand, Sangria is a Spanish or Portuguese mixed alcoholic drink. It traditionally includes wine and chopped fruit, along with some other ingredients or spirits. For instance, traditionally, sangria usually has wine, fruit juice, sparkling water, sweeteners, and fruits like apples, pineapples, peaches, etc. The color of the sangria depends on the wine used – a red sangria if red wine is used and white sangria if white wine is used.
Fusing these items together gives you a wonderful product – a mojito sangria! Throwing in a fun fruit like pineapple into the mix is just a cherry on top. A fusion between the drinks from Cuba and the Iberian Peninsula with a flavor of pineapple makes the mouth-watering Pineapple Mojito Sangria. While you are free to enjoy this tasty drink at home, keep in mind that the term “Sangria” is protected under the geographical labeling rules of the European Union (EU). So, you cannot commercially use that term. Here is a simple recipe to create this amazingly refreshing drink right at home to enjoy during the scorching heat of the summer.
For this recipe, you will need:
- 3 medium-sized limes (Slice the limes thinly).
- 1 small, fresh pineapple (Peel and core it. Then cut it into small chunks of 1 or 2 inches. This should make about 2 cups of diced pineapple)
- 4 cups of lemon-lime soda.
- ½ cup of white rum.
- 1/3 cup of granulated sugar.
- ¾ cup of pineapple juice.
- 750ml bottle of white wine (It is best if it is on the dryer side).
- Small bunch of peppermint (Strip the leaves. This should be about 30 leaves of peppermint).
- Additional leaves of peppermint and pineapple wedges to garnish the drink.
- First, take a heavy pitcher and wash it thoroughly.
- Second, toss in the peppermint leaves, the 1/3 cup of sugar, and the slices of lime into the clean pitcher.
- Third, take out a muddler or a strong, wooden spoon to muddle the ingredients together in the pitcher. Make sure you mix all of the elements together properly.
- Fourth, toss in the chunks of pineapple into the pitcher, followed by the (1/2) cup of rum, 750 ml of wine, and (3/4) cup of pineapple juice on top of the pineapple chunks.
- Now, cover the pitcher with a lid and let it refrigerate. Let the pineapples soak in the drink for a reasonable amount of time. This makes the drink test even more divine as all the goodness of the pineapple gradually seeps into the liquid.
- After the refrigeration and soaking process is done, take the pitcher out of the refrigerator and add the 4 cups full of lemon-lime soda into the mixture.
- Next up, take out a clean glass of your choice. It can be a regular glass, a wine glass, a cocktail glass, a flute, or any other kind of glass you own.
- After you have selected a glass, toss in some ice cubes and a few chunks of the pineapple into the glass.
- Now, pour the sangria you have made over the chunks of pineapple and ice cubes in the glass.
- Finally, garnish the pineapple mojito sangria with the additional leaves of peppermint and the pineapples wedges you have. Make the drink look presentable even if you are the one who will have it. The appearance of the food or drink makes it ten times better to consume
The drink can be served as it is. However, if you are feeling a little fancy, take a nice straw out and place it inside the glass. Cut a small slice of lime, and then cut a small line from the center to the edge of that lime. Hook the slice of lime onto the rim of the glass. To make it seem more attractive, take out a cocktail umbrella and place it in your drink.
Now you are done making the drink look appealing and delicious. So, take a seat and enjoy this incredible refreshment. The recipe is a serving for six, so there is more than enough to enjoy with your family. It is a quick recipe, so you can briskly make this if you have some unexpected guests over. It is perfect, last-moment save from such dreadful situations where you have no idea what to serve your guests. In case you have more people over at your house, adjust the proportions of the recipe accordingly and enjoy your drinks.