Sheet pan recipes happen to be a life-saver when it comes to hectic weekdays where we are exhausted to our bones and wish to get done with cooking as fast as possible. Takeout food seems to be the perfect answer to such days as we will not even have to cook. We just have to order and wait for the delivery. However, takeout food also happens to have a negative effect on our health when consumed in excess.
Moreover, when we have our family to think about, we decide to cook regardless of how tired we are because we want only the best for them, and keeping them healthy is one of our topmost priorities.
Sheet Pan Sesame Chicken and Veggies Recipe
Therefore, today we bring you an easy, delicious and healthy recipe for cooking Sheet Pan Sesame Chicken and Veggies. This is cooked in under half an hour and will be loved by everyone in your family, making children eat their greens without any complaints whilst also enjoying the delicious chicken.
For this recipe, you will need the following ingredients:
1 pound of boneless and skinless chicken breasts (Cut the chicken breasts into 1inch pieces).
2 medium-sized red bell peppers (Cut the bell peppers into chunks).
1 large head of broccoli (Chop the broccoli head. It should make about 2 cups).
1 cup of snap peas.
¼ cup of soy sauce (It should be of lower-sodium).
2 tablespoons of honey.
1 tablespoon of sweet chilli sauce.
1 teaspoon of fresh ginger.
2 cloves of garlic.
Some salt as per your taste.
Some pepper as per your taste.
Some sesame seeds for toppings [OPTIONAL]
Some green onions for toppings [OPTIONAL]
1. First up, before you start making the dish, you will need to prepare your oven. You must preheat the oven to 400° F.
2. Secondly, you will need to make the sauce for the dish before everything else. So, bring out a small saucepan and clean it properly with water.
3. Thirdly, put in the ¼ cup of lower-sodium soy sauce, 2 tablespoons of honey, 1 tablespoon of sweet chilli sauce, 1 teaspoon of fresh ginger, and 2 cloves of garlic. Heat this mixture on medium heat and bring it to a boil.
4. When the sauce comes to a boil, turn the heat down. Let the sauce simmer and use a whisk to whisk the sauce in between until it becomes thick and bubbly.
5. After the sauce has thickened and comes to be bubbly, turn off the heat and remove the saucepan from the stove.
6. Now, spread out a baking sheet on the sheet pan and spritz it with some cooking spray.
7. Take the 1 pound of chicken breasts you have cut into 1 inch pieces and put it on the baking sheet. Along with the chicken, transfer the chunk of the 2 medium-sized red bell peppers, the 1 cup of snap peas, and the chopped up broccoli onto the baking sheet.
8. Season the chicken, the bell peppers, and the broccoli with some salt and pepper according to your taste.
9. Take the saucepan containing the sauce and carefully drizzle half of its contents over the chicken and the vegetables resting on the baking sheet.
10. Now, set the saucepan aside. You will use the remaining half of the sauce later on in the recipe.
11. Toss the chicken, the bell peppers, and the broccoli around the sauce you have poured to ensure you have coated them properly.
12. Once you have done that, take the sheet pan and put it in the oven. Bake the dish for 20 minutes. Make sure to toss the vegetables and the chicken halfway through.
13. Continue cooking the dish until the chicken is well-cooked all the way through and the vegetables have become tender.
14. When the time is up and the dish is completely cooked, take the sheet pan out of the oven.
15. Take the saucepan you set aside earlier, and drizzle the remaining half of the sauce over the cooked chicken and vegetables.
16. Now, you can take the sesame seeds and green onions and sprinkle some on top of the dish.
And with that, the Sesame Chicken and Veggies are ready to be served. Serve the dish with some quinoa or some brown rice. Keep in mind that this recipe makes around 4 servings; so, if you have more people at your house, double or triple up the recipe as needed. Enjoy the dish with your friends or family.